Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I indicate disability-related accommodation requests?
- Is there a Twitter account and hashtag to follow?
- When Ottawa Accessibility Camp (A11yYOW) first started?
- Who should attend the event?
1. How do I indicate disability-related accommodation requests?
Please indicate whether you will need disability-related accommodations on the registration form. You will be contacted to confirm accommodations prior to the event. All disability-related accommodations must be received ASAP to allow for time to confirm appropriate arrangements.
2. Is there a Twitter account and hashtag to follow?
The Twitter handle for Ottawa Accessibility Camp is @a11yyow. The Twitter hashtag for the Ottawa Accessibility Camp (A11yYOW) is #a11yyow and the hashtag for the Global Accessibility Awarness Day is #GAAD.
3. When Ottawa Accessibility Camp (A11yYOW) first started?
A11yYOW is joining the ranks of a series of sister events whose focus has been on technology accessibility and users with disabilities. Since 2009, these have taken place in: Washington D.C., Boston, Seattle, Guelph, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec and more. Check all A11y meetup groups.
4. Who should attend the event?
If you are just getting started or are advanced in your knowledge on technology accessibility, then this event is for you. It is an opportunity for members of the design, development, usability, accessibility, other IT professional and end-users with disabilities communities to share and interact with each other. Whether you spend all, some, or none of your time working in IT accessibility, so long as you have an interest, please consider attending.